Wednesday, May 11, 2011

"donny" In Memory

"donny"

whispers in the wind
carry his name

my mind, his memory
my heart, his love

whispers in the wind
carry his name

never forgotten
forever loved
~trr
Sometimes my memories haunt me.  Donny was shot and killed while coming to the defense of a woman in crisis.  He was a great guy, a wonderful friend and my world then.  I wrote this at a time when I wondered if I would ever find peace from Donny's death.  December is still rough but it's getting easier to remember him without the pain of seeing him being shot down in front of my eyes. Here's to the wind carrying the whispers of those memories to a place of peace.  This is my way of moving on, not forgetting, but of leaving the guilt of living behind. 
xx

2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful poem, heart-touching. Words help to heal when we know how to let them go on the paper.
    An honest and fantastic tribute to a loved one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Marie for your kind words. Yes, I find writing to be healing and a way for me to reflect on memories.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, so talk to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...