Wednesday, June 15, 2011

1982 Billboard Top 10 Singles

I thought I'd post another blast from the past for those who are a product of the 80's. In 1982 I was a senior in high school and loved the music that I was surrounded by. Loved to dance, hang out, beach hop with my friends all along Volusia County, Florida beaches... tried surfing a time or two thanks to a friend who knew what to do with a surf board... yeah, yeah, I hear him now... Stick with a boogie board dude (so not a dude; but then that was Pete).... those were the days. Lots of fun and sun - oh yeah, remember when MTV first appeared on the tube... well, Daytona Beach rocked for spring break in those days. Concerts on the beach, parties all day long, concerts down the row in the band shell and then more parties all along the boardwalk. It's sad today to stroll that stretch of beach and realize all that is no more. The shops are gone, the boardwalk is not the lively party strip it once was. No boardwalk rides, no game rooms, no small ink shops, bikini shops, t-shirt haunts, or snack food stops. I still love those beaches but they are much quieter now than when my friends and I haunted them. But enjoy the memories these songs bring if you were kicking ass and living the fun life back then.

Posted for entertainment purposes only.

Enjoy your memories!!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments, so talk to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...