Thursday, April 28, 2011

Kid Rock

Kid Rock!  What can I say about this guy?  I love to listen to him, true enough.  Many fans don’t like the direction he’s taken with his latest album Born Free; personally I think it’s awesome that he embraces his talents and can bend his words to produce great songs in many genres.  Let’s face it we don’t stay the same as we meander through life.  

Another comment I often come across regarding Kid Rock is that maybe it’s time for him to revert to using his given name, Robert Ritchie.  I’m still debating this at this time to tell you the truth.  Branding is big business and that equates to money.  The changing of one’s brand can deliver great things or deliver you straight to the bottom of the heap and dump you out into nothingness.  Huge decision I can’t blame Bobby (I love hearing people refer to him by his name) for taking his time thinking or not about what he should be called.  

If I had to choose only two songs on the Born Free disk it’d be Born Free and runner up Collide.  Most excellent in my opinion!  I’m going to post the youtube video of Born Free and the lyrics for you to check out if you don’t already know the song.  At the bottom of the post page you can click on more assorted Kid Rock videos… he’s being featured there until I decide to do another music posting.  

Tell me what you think…

1.       Have you listened to the Born Free CD and if so, did you like it?
2.       What are your two favorite songs?
3.       Do you think he should stick with Kid Rock or go with Robert Ritchie? 

Let’s talk about it.  

xx

2 comments:

  1. Maybe he should copy Prince and change his name to "the didn't know he's still relevant today artist formerly known as Kid Rock".

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol Villain! I'm thinking he will be awesome no matter what name he uses... but using his real name is looking like a good idea! Still a tough decision to make.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, so talk to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...